**For information on our Phase 2 Construction Project of the Union Baptist Association Missions Resource Center, click here.
I would like to thank the volunteers for their hard work on the construction at the UBA Mission Resource Center, from the beginning until now, and especially for this past Saturday.
However, we still will need volunteers day by day to help frame the foyers, hang exterior wallboard and sheetrock on the foyer walls. Next week, we hope to start trim work.
Anyone available can call me at 704-698-8795, or the office at 704-283-8383. Or just show up. We will be happy to have you.
We have a goal to be complete by Memorial Day, and have scheduled the Dedication Service on June 7th at 2:30 pm. Please help us with this goal.
Thanks again for all your help: labor, prayer, providing meals, and financial support.
Mark Hinson, Baptist Men Dir.
UPDATE ON PHASE TWO OF THE UBA MISSIONS RESOURCE CENTER
I would like to give you an update on the progress of Phase Two of your Associational Missions Resource Center. The purpose of this area is to provide a facility in which to plant new churches.
- Most of the restructuring in the current building is ready to be finished. We hope to be putting in the ceiling and begin painting shortly.
- The new room is under roof and framed, with plumbing and electrical to be completed this week.
- Brick work will begin within a week.
- Sheet rock will be hung in the new building, beginning this Saturday
- The additional Parking Area has been purchased
- Target date to complete the full project is mid to late May
- Dedication will be Sunday, June 7th at 2:30 PM. Milton Hollifield, the Executive Director, of the NC Baptist Sate Convention will be our speaker
The 52K Challenge:
- We have received $50,000 in contributions with $26,000 in outstanding commitments (Goal is $100,000)
- The challenge is for a church or an individual, to commit to, or to form a team, to commit to contributing $5,000 over a two year period. Some churches have formed teams of twenty to commit $125.00 this year and $125.00 next year
- ANY AMOUNT IS DEEPLY APPRECIATED
Other Giving Opportunities:
- A gift in memory of or in the name of someone
- Contributions towards Audio/Visual Equipment (components $500.00 to $1,500.00)
- Contributions towards furnishings, Chairs, tables and storage racks ($20.00 to $500.00)
- Paving the new Parking Area: Estimated total cost $60,000; cost of an individual parking space $1,200.
Let me challenge you to sow some seed for the future. Help us plant new churches and reach our county for Christ. Feel free to call me for more information or to discuss your opportunity to share in this exciting mission opportunity. 704 283 8383 (o) 704 996 5270 (C)
Dennis L. Burton, D. Min.
Director of Missions
Union Baptist Association was organized in 1854, and named Brown Creek Association. The name was changed to Union Baptist Association in 1884. Today, Union Baptist Association is made up of (77) seventy-seven Southern Baptist Churches. Despite many changes through the years, the association's reason for existence has never altered. Union Baptist Association exists to help Baptist churches of Union County, North Carolina, tell the story of Jesus Christ and His love.
Union Baptist Association member congregations elect messengers based on membership totals. It is the responsibility of messengers to attend four quarterly sessions of the Union Baptist Association, referred to as the Spring Session (April), Summer Session (July), Annual Session (October), and Winter Session (January). These four sessions provide a time of worship, fellowship, training opportuities, and information. Messengers are asked to report back to their church after each session and share the information. The April Spring Session will be held Tuesday, April 28, 2015, at Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church, 2528 Stack Road, Monroe NC 28112. Fellowship & refreshments will begin at 6 pm followed by the session at 7 pm. Rev. Jean Paul Faria, pastor at New Life Brazilian Baptist Church will bring the message. The July Summer Session will be held on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at Oak Grove Baptist Church, 4013 New Town Road, Waxhaw, NC 28173. The 161st Annual Session will be held on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at Mountain Springs Baptist Church, 2509 Mountain Springs Church Road, Monroe NC 28112. Afternoon session will begin at 2 pm and the evening session will begin at 7 pm. Dr. Dennis Burton, Director of Missions of Union Baptist Association will be the preacher for the Annual Sermon
Our member congregations complete an annual report provided by the Baptist State Convention, know as the Congregation Profile. This report, due in early October each year, provides vital information for planning and assistance from the Union Baptist Association, Baptist State Convention and Southern Baptist Convention, which includes training conferences, sample Sunday School literature, Vacation Bible School Resources, Discipleship training, evangelism, and new work initiatives. The information received from these reports is included in the UBA Annual each year, which is a resource/reference manual for churches.
"What is the role of the Association today?"
1) Associations are doctrinally-based fellowships of churches on mission in their setting, 2) Associations are self-governing Baptist bodies created by the churches not by the denomination, 3) While self-governance is an indisputable right of every Baptist body, it is tempered by the necessity for, the spirit of, and the duty to practice interdependence and cooperation.