Opportunities & Positions
Benton's Cross Roads is in search of a full-time Youth Pastor. Resumes should be sent to the church at 109 Lawyers Road East, Monroe NC 28110, ATTN: Youth Pastor Search Committee.
Calvary Baptist is currently seeking a full-time Worship Pastor. This person will work closely with the Senior Pastor in coordinating services to engage the congregation and encourage active participation in a blended style of worship. Should be capable of directing a choir and praise team in this same style. This position would also require pastoral, admin and church ministry support with a commitment of 40 hours per week. Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Calvary Baptist Church, 2518 Lancaster Highway, Monroe NC 28112.
Ebenezer Baptist is seeking a Part-time Children’s Ministry Director. Salaried position based on 20 hours per week. The ideal candidate will lead and develop a Children’s Ministry that works within the structure of Ebenezer Baptist Church. Candidate should have an understanding of early childhood development and a heart to help children reach his/her full God-given potential. The person in this position must sense a calling to help children know more fully about Jesus and His salvation that is available for them. Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Ebenezer Baptist Church, 1417 Unionville-Indian Trail Rd., Indian Trail, NC 28079.
First Baptist Marshville is seeking a Pianist for Sunday morning choir practice, worship and sometimes on Wednesday nights for choir practice. If you are interested, call 704.624.2525 or email REVAREX@aol.com.
Hermon Baptist Church is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant. Interested candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Publisher as well as have some knowledge and experience of church database software. Candidate will be responsible for Sunday School roles, church bulletin, ordering supplies, posting contributions and providing ministry assistance to pastors and other church staff. Our current Administrative Assistant is retiring at the end of the year, so we would like to fill this position quickly. Email your resume or interest to Hermonpersonnel@gmail.com.
Mill Creek Baptist Church, Monroe NC, is seeking a part-time Minister of Music who will work with the pastor to plan music that will facilitate an atmosphere in which God is worshipped and glorified. He/she will be responsible for leading congregational singing and special music for the Sunday morning service, special events, and conduct weekly practices for the adult choir. A pianist is also needed at this time. If interested, contact Linda Bridges, 704-283-1492 or Pastor George Hunnicutt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church would like to donate a wooden podium and two throne chairs to a church that could use them. Please contact the church office at (704) 764-9097 if interested.
Roanoke is seeking a Music Director. Interested candidates should contact Rev. Scott Stein, Godwithmestein@gmail.com or 704-242-1800.
Waxhaw Baptist Church
has an opening for a
Pastor of Discipleship and Care
Reports to: Pastor and Personnel Committee
- The role of the Pastor of Discipleship and Care is to assist the pastor in overseeing the life and direction of the church.
- In the spirit of 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Ephesians 4:11-16, Colossians 1:28, and Acts 20:28, the Pastor of Discipleship and Care will recruit, equip, empower, and protect respective ministry leaders. This person will be able to teach, discern, articulate, and implement the Biblical philosophy of Waxhaw Baptist Church.
- To love God’s people and serve the people at Waxhaw Baptist Church
- To engage God, engage the community, and engage the world by caring for and equipping the people of Waxhaw Baptist Church and the surrounding community in spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ
- To have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and willing to work on this relationship while at Waxhaw Baptist Church
- Have a clear call into the ministry through the local church
- Embrace the beliefs, values, and vision of Waxhaw Baptist Church
- Trustworthiness, integrity and effectiveness are essential characteristics sought in this ministry position
- To have the ability to manage, team with, and oversee those lay ministries assigned • To work closely with the Pastor by meeting on a regular basis and discussing the
Discipleship and Pastoral Care Ministries, as well as other ministries of the church
- Have a healthy family relationship and able to balance priorities between home and ministry
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both interpersonally as well as in public settings
- Ability to preach periodically (potentially averaging 3 times per year)
- Occasional involvement in a “Pastoral role” such as public prayer, visitation, weddings, and funerals
- Various other special assigned responsibilities as called upon
- Matthew 28: 16-20- “Go and make disciples”- Be passionate about building teams to organize and oversee the development of small groups at Waxhaw Baptist Church
- The primary focus of this position will be among adults, but this individual’s expertise in discipleship should impact the whole church and in turn provide a catalyst for further disciple-making throughout the local community
- Will approve the education material from the cradle to the grave working closely with the Sunday School Director, Youth Director, and Children’s Director
- Develop and oversee the discipleship ministry for Waxhaw Baptist Church
- Recruit, train, equip, and empower new and established ministry leaders for Waxhaw Baptist Church to assist with growth
- Engage in regular training sessions for Sunday School and Discipleship teachers along with the care of these important leaders
- Develop new ideas and ways of assisting new Christians in their spiritual growth, helping them become mature functioning participants in the available ministries within the church
Pastoral Care Expectations
- Conduct counseling sessions as needed
- Conduct hospital and nursing home visits
- Assist in funerals or weddings
- Complete other duties as necessary
- Master of Ministry or Divinity degree from an accredited evangelical college or seminary preferred
- Ordained or qualified and willing to be ordained
- Willing to become a member of Waxhaw Baptist Church and must subscribe to and endorse the church statement of faith, the church constitution, and the church covenant
- This person must have good people skills and be able to assemble and work with ministry teams
- Competent computer, email, and internet skills
LIBERTY HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED...
Liberty Hospice is seeking volunteers for our patients serving the Anson, Union, and portion of Mecklenburg county areas. For more information on your free training and available opportunities, please contact Deanna Baucom, Volunteer Coordinator at 704-690-3735 or email to email@example.com. I am also available to come to your church to talk about opportunities to serve your community in the volunteer capacity, as well as set up discussions on end of life preparation and the tools available.