Opportunities & Positions
Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church is seeking a part – time Administrative assistant to work 12 hours per week. Those interested in applying may submit their resume’s by mailing them to 2528 Stack Road Monroe, North Carolina or by emailing them to email@example.com. Deadline for submittal is Wednesday October 17, 2018.
Centerview Baptist Church is in search of a full-time or bi-vocational Pastor. Please mail resumes to Centerview Baptist Church Attn: Search Committee 2711 Old Pageland Marshville Rd. Marshville, NC 28103.
First Baptist Marshville is seeking a part-time Music Minister to lead congregational singing and church choir. The candidate should have a heart for God and a passion for music that honors God and stirs the heart for worship. The primary work of the music leader will be done on Sunday mornings with choir practice from 9 – 10am and worship at 11am. The music minister will also work alongside the Pastor and Worship committee with scheduling and planning. The salary for this position is negotiable. For more information please contact the church office at 704-624-2710.
Minister of Youth
New Home Baptist Church
1617 New Home Church Road
Peachland NC 28133
Position Summary: The Minister of Youth is a full time position that will lead and direct New Home Baptist Youth Ministry (a Southern Baptist Church), always striving to let Jesus radiate through his or her life.
Goals: (1) Lead each youth (6th grade-College) attending New Home Baptist Church, as well as area youth, into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. (2)To encourage all youth to participate in mission work and strengthen their understanding of missions. (3) To provide a bridge between youth and the church body.
1. Equip each Youth to share the plan of Salvation with others.
2. Plan activities with the Youth Council including (but not limited to):
a. Annual Camp Caswell trip (summer)
b .Rafting Trip (fall or spring) or Ski Trip (winter)
c. Fellowship and missions/outreach activities in summer months
d. Fundraising events for Youth missions
e. Vacation Bible School (summer)
3. Weekly activities including:
a. Substituting in Youth Sunday School Classes as needed
b. Coordinating Sunday night Youth Meetings
c. Coordinating Wednesday night Youth Zone meetings
4. Build relationships with individuals and youth families to foster healthy spiritual development and encourage and inspire regular church attendance when possible.
5. Manage regular office hours to the extent possible (realizing that other duties and emergencies may take precedence)
6. Meeting weekly with the pastor, monthly with the planning committee, and with the Youth Council and deacons on an as needed basis.
7. Provide Youth Ministry updates at quarterly business meetings.
8. Become acquainted with the younger children to form a bond and simplify their transition into the youth program.
9. Become a member in good standing at New Home Baptist Church.
10. Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by Youth Council and pastor
11. Maintain written documentation of activities, visitations and enrollments for planning and evaluation purposes.
Lines of Responsibility:
1. Minister of Youth will work with and through the guidance and support of the (annually nominated) Youth Council
2. Minister of Youth will follow the church constitution and bylaws as voted by the church as well as maintain a doctrinal stance consistent with the Baptist Faith and Message.
1. Financial compensation will be determined by the finance committee, with the approval of the deacons and church in conference.
2. Annual review will take place during the finance committee annual budgeting session. This will be provided by the deacon board of the church and the Youth Council.
3. Other compensations will be determined by the finance committee in future meetings.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to
Youth Minister Search Committee at PO Box 467, Peachland, NC 28133
Position Title: Pastor
Service: Full Time
Salary and Compensation Package: TBD
Location: Peachland, North Carolina
Peachland Baptist Church, is prayerfully seeking an ordained Southern Baptist pastor who will preach the Gospel from God’s Word, the Holy Bible; strengthen us in understanding and applying God’s Word; lead with our deacons in developing and implementing a bold vision for the Lord’s church in Peachland; join us in doing God’s work in our community; and enjoy working with all ages.
Although Peachland Baptist Church held its first worship service in 1890, it is not the length of time this community of believers has worshipped that is important. Instead, it is the changed lives of thousands who have come to know the Lord; who have been discipled in the faith; and who have humbly served locally and abroad through the congregation’s obedience to the commands and Gospel of Christ. We are known by those who visit and those who join our fellowship to be a deeply loving and compassionate church. In a nutshell, we are about love and service to our Heavenly Father and to our fellow-man.
If the Holy Spirit strikes a chord in your heart for Peachland Baptist Church, please apply as follows:
Submit the following information by mail or email to the address listed below.
- Cover letter introducing yourself and your interest in this position
- Resume highlighting your ministry experience, educational background and at least three references including one or more related to your ministry experience
- Narrative of your salvation testimony describing how you came to faith in Jesus Christ
- Doctrinal statement providing a summary of your theological views on core doctrines
- Brief philosophy of pastoral ministry
- Two sermons including a sermon outline and a video or audio recording or a link to a website where your sermons are posted
- Ordained Southern Baptist Minister
- 2-Year Seminary Degree and a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience as a minister
103 Upper White Store Road
Peachland, NC 28133